EVERYONE HAS THE RIGHT TO PURSUE A MEANINGFUL LIFE
1) People function better and are happier when corporate managers formally acknowledge the primary importance of spiritual human values, to themselves, their employees, their customers, and their fellow inhabitants of the universe.
THE IMPORTANCE OF HONORING DIVERSITY
2) All cultural groups, each gender type, and each individual human being has a unique perspective. In the complex real world, decision making processes that honor more diverse perspectives are more likely to lead to favorable outcomes for all.
THINKING SKILLS ARE THE KEY TO PROGRESS
3) Creative and critical thinking skills are twin keys to better products made with better processes. There are a lot of references and tools available to show people how to enhance their clarity, breadth, and depth of thought. Likewise, it has now been well established that creative thinking processes can be taught, even to those who think that they are not creative. Obtaining the benefits of creative and critical thinking requires courage.
THE CENTRAL ROLE OF TRADE IN HUMAN DEVELOPMENT
4) The complex nature of the world and the limitations imposed by the human condition lead to the fact that different people will arrive at better solutions to some problems than others. Trading better solutions, whether they be ideas, services, or products, is a legitimate human activity and a key to progress.
THE NEED TO OVERCOME BARRIERS TO COMMUNICATION
5) Real communication is an essential part of a productive environment. Real communication, however, is difficult. This is particularly true when people of different cultural groups are involved. Real communication is enhanced when people take the time to learn about the beliefs that influence other's ways of expressing themselves. There are many resources now available to help companies on the path toward better communications, both internally and with their customers and suppliers.
THE NEED FOR BALANCE IN HUMAN RELATIONS
6) Progress depends on collaboration and cooperation, as much as on competition and material wealth. We are INTERdependent. Every human being has specialized knowledge that could benefit many others.
HUMANS ARE A PART OF THE ORDER OF THE NATURAL WORLD
7) We are dependent on the natural world for our prosperity. The natural world is our only dependable source of basic necessities. In addition, study of nature for the sake of understanding alone has provided as much of the "grist for the mill" of human progress as "necessity" has. Humans have an obligation to act to preserve and enhance the well being of the ecosystems which sustain us.
Written By Debbie Aliya DaAliya@aol.com
Please feel to reproduce- copy appreciated or notify by e-mail.
Back to Index